Text Message and Contact Name Issue

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I recently had a friend get a new cell phone number. I added it to their contact information, but now when I text or get a text from that number, their name does not show up.

I'm jailbroken on 3.1.2 using blackra1n. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fix?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Thats weird that it only happens to that one contact...try deleting and adding that contact again...umm what kind of phone does your friend have?

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thats weird that it only happens to that one contact...try deleting and adding that contact again...umm what kind of phone does your friend have?

Not sure what phone, but that didn't work. I also tried deleting the contact, SMS conversation, and the restarting the phone and adding it. That didn't work either.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I know AT&T had some issues with incorrect contact names showing with messaging, are you using the most current carrier file? You jailbroke with blackra1n, did you get the carrier file through iTunes or did you use an external source?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Dang!! This is crazy! What about a restore? << If that doesnt fix it then idk:confused:

EDIT: I had the same issue with my Tmo Device and thats because i dropped it and fudged it all up...

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Darn, I agree as well. But I really don't want to restore and have to reinstall all my favorite "not so legal" apps. I'll just have to settle having a random # in my text messages for know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2