Iphone battery shows full but not

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
i have this car charger i bought from att and when plugged in to my iphone it shows the full battery plug in my battery when i plug it in and its only at liuke 30 percent then it charges for a lil while stops and keeps doing that over and over. so i thought it was a charger issue so i bought a new charger from att then i thought it was my iphone 3gs so i went to apple store and got a new iphone 3gs and its still doing it but doesnt do it with my wifes iphone 2g

alex6speed

Jul 14, 2009
www.6crew.com
A number of people have been reporting the same problem, especially after a full drain. From what I understand, a complete restore from backup should be able to do it (reset settings and delete data). Otherwise you may want to return the phone to Apple.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine started doing this exact thing the other night so before you panic and completely restore, I would recommend that you give it a few hours. Eventually, my phone snapped out of it somehow and has been charging normally for the past 3 days. If I were you, I would leave it plugged in and come back in a little while and check to see if the lightning bolt has come back. I've experienced this exact issue.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The crazy thing is I did take it back to apple this is my second iPhone 3Gs and it does it. I'm wondering what is going on

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I just realized you were comparing 2G & 3GS. Maybe I'm incorrect, but I thought that accessories that worked with the 2G ( chargers etc ) did NOT work with the 3G and 3GS. This could be your issue. Did the package say it was compatible with 3G or did it just say iPhone?

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
They fit the same port I mean cases don't work but I thought chargers was no biggie what's the difference between a 2G charger and 3G or 3Gs charger?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I would change the type of charger before doing a restore especially since this is your second 3GS. The 1st gen phone and the 3GS have different batteries ( I think) so be careful of third party accessories.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
After some research. The batteries are basically the same with minor differences. Small difference in sizes And connection type. There's even different model numbers in the same type of phone!

That being said, I would be very careful as to what charger I use. Apple may have only tested Apple chargers to check compatability for these different models.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
After some research. The batteries are basically the same with minor differences. Small difference in sizes And connection type. There's even different model numbers in the same type of phone!

That being said, I would be very careful as to what charger I use. Apple may have only tested Apple chargers to check compatability for these different models.

ok thank you

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
The 3GS requires more power than the 3G. Most 3G car chargers don't even work with the 3GS. I had to buy a new car charger.