Wifi doesn't work after turning off and turning back on my router

monz87

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I recently got my new IPhone 3GS 32GB, it is running on 3.0 (I haven't got the 3.1 beta)

All was fine and I connected to my router fine and used it here and there. In the night I turn my router off and the next day when I turned the router back on, the iphone doesnt connect to the router anymore. The internet is working and the WPA password hasn't changed. On the IPhone the 3G works fine. But it doesn't connect to wifi, it says unable to join network. Everytime I go into safari or mail etc it prompts me to connect to the wifi and I click it and then it asks for password and I put the RIGHT password in and it doesnt connect and gives the same message, I think it said also incorrect password.. cant remember. So I tried resetting the phone, resetting the network settings, turning wifi off and on etc and still no luck. So I reset the modem on the back and then the phone found and connected to it fine..... Boy was I happy, and then I wanted to test it so I turned off the router, turned it back on and what do you know... the same problem.

What do I do..?

monz87

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Does it mean I will have to Try all 4 steps or go through them one by one to see if it will work..? I have already tried step 1.

Either way, I have a feeling its some kind of setting that I may need to change on the router... it was giving my wife problems on her Nokia E71...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Does it mean I will have to Try all 4 steps or go through them one by one to see if it will work..? I have already tried step 1.

Either way, I have a feeling its some kind of setting that I may need to change on the router... it was giving my wife problems on her Nokia E71...

Well if you are having issues with another device, then no, do not do what I posted. It is a problem on the router side then. Sorry.

monz87

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I have found out that my modem does have WEP. I tried WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA/WPA2, even turned the security off, the iphone still doesnt connect after the router was back on!!! I also tried switching between 802b, 802g and 802b/g...Im not sure of the numbering...I tried changing passwords and still no luck.

Then even when I reset the modem, the iphone wasn't connecting, I had to reset it three times until the phone connected, then I didnt change anymore because I wanted to use the wifi..

monz87

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Since the last time I had to reset the modem 3-4 times for the IPhone to connect, it seems that the IPhone connects to the modem all the time even when I turn it off and on. I don't really know what happened. I think I did notice the channel changed from 6 to 1 on the modem configuration page. But either way its been working for about a week now...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2