iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

calum86

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Something that isn't a bug, but should be reverted back.
When texting a long message, the text area keeps expanding and now eventually fills up the whole screen. Now if the other persons text was long, and you were replying to several parts...you now can't read the rest of their text, and have to delete some of yours to do so. There should be a limit to how much the text box can expand(like previous versions). I don't mind scrolling through my own message to read what I've put so far, but I DO need to see the other persons text. It can't block it out completely.

Just noticed that if you want to see the text you were replying to, but can't cos you've filled up the whole screen, just tap the edit button and you can see all the previous messages. When you're done tap "done" and it will take you back to the text you were writing.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think I made a mistake. I went to sync my phone to my computer to upload a new app. for some reason I clicked on the sync calenders with this computer even though I sync over the air with mobile me. don't ask me why, I just did. do'h.
Now I have two sets of the exact same calender from Ical on my phone. I did a restore and foolishly restored from a backup=no change (didn't want to input all the info by hand) I unregistered my computer from mobile me, then re-registered and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked "merge"= no change. I did a reset settings on the phone- no change. How on earth do I get rid of the double calender Info?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think I just found the answer. I went to my mobil me account on my IPhone turned off calenders then turned it back on and it asked if I wanted to merge the data I clicked merge and viola! one set of calenders again

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
My phone became sluggish and "glitchy". Some apps (like TwitterFon) would freeze and close and I've noticed that my corrective text isn't working like it did before the update. I rebooted my phone and so far everything seems ok. I also had a problem with syncing with iTunes... I kept getting an "unknown error". I haven't tried again since last night.

polanskiman

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
OS 3 Tethering not possible with MAC OS X 10.4.11 and below

Hey Everyone,

Updated iphone to OS 3.0 today. Wanted to try out the Tethering with USB but seems it's only compatible with MAC OS X 10.5 and above. Then tried with Bleuthooth, and seem it's only compatible with Bluetooth 2.

I have a PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz with Tiger OS 10.4.11 installed and Bluetooth 1.9.5f4

What a joy to have upgraded!!!

Thanks Apple!!!

Last edited:

polanskiman

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
umm... not sure about that. However prior to my update to OS 3.0 I used to tether under OS 2.2.1 with PdaNet under wifi.

I'm in Thailand and have unlimited internet package. Never saw that our local provider charged me for that.

polanskiman

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
guess I'll have to wait for OS 3.0 jailbreak and then hopefully for PdaNet to be updated... although not sure they will do it as OS 3.0 now officially supports tethering!!!

Great Job Apple! I'm going to end up selling the iphone and get a BB. ;)

ben987654321

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
YouTube problems

My 16Gb i Phone took 54 secs to load the app store at one point. although i suspect this may have been when they were updating it to remove the more button.

Some apps seem to justr crash out and wont open again until a restart. Some takes ages to load up to start with.

The messages is really annoying now like IvoryPlum said you cant read you previous messages once you write a certain amount it takes over the whole screen. i know callum has said you can click the edit button and see them, i worked this out for my self by mistake as i was trying to see if i could scroll a millimeter gap so i could read a little bit of the previous txts and accidently clicked edit. but this is annoying and surely not how it is meant to be otherwise surely we would have been told somewhere about this. (unless its some kind of punishment for demanding landscape layout keyboards!!)

I have had not connection to my phone network and have had to turn the phone of and then back on again and then it seems to pick it up. otherwise it will keep saying searching in the top left hand corner.

but my worse and most annoying problem is YouTube i keep getting messages either saying "video cannot be loaded" or a new one that says "syndication of this video was restricted by its owner". i know the videos still exsist and still work as i have watched them on my computer.

Has anyone else had this or similar problems with YouTube and is there a method in which i can fix this?

so on the whole not too impressed with the speed and a few issues but there are a few things that seem to work well like the search feature and cut copy and paste!

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I have to admit. After the whole double calender thing, because I did a restore. The phone is working much smoother seems a gazillion times more stable!

jpchicago

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
WiFi range in house significantly reduced in 3.0

The biggest thing I noticed is that the range from which the iPhone can pick up my home wifi signal is GREATLY reduced. Before updating, I could get wifi in the whole house.

Now, I can only get the wifi signal in half the house. I have to keep walking into specific rooms near to the router to get a signal. Nothing has changed with my laptops, they can still get the signal throughout the house. It only started on the iphone when I updated to 3.0.

I was also getting the problem where it kept prompting me to reconnect to the home wifi network. But that since has cleared up I think.

Hope they fix this. I hate using the 3G network at home for browsing on the phone.

reesrk8

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm just getting little annoying things happening since update. Battery meter showing full, then iphone turns off. Aparently, dead battery.
Seems a little slower in general use
Is it worth doing a restore? I updated to 3.0 then i assume itunes restored from backup.
How do you do a full restore? I assume you would have to manually add/update settings and music back?
thx
Rog

NorCalZman

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
lets seee:
1) autocorrect doesnt seem to work all the time.
2) takes forever to start up after the apple screen
3) 2 apps, Hotdog down a hallway and Zombieville USA have framerate issues
4) after start up, noticing it wont find a signal. I have to turn on and off airplane mode for it to work.

This is enough for me to try a restore tonight. Hopefully itll fix these issues. UGH. Apple - Just works :(

Stephman

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Ok, I'm only having one real problem, it's that about half my apps have gone into a black hole, after re-syncing yesterday, itunes showed them being copied to my phone, but they are nowhere to be found! Itunes is showing 5 gigs of apps in green, and I tried installing some of them from the phone in the app store but the button you press that says "free/install", is showing them already "installed".

Anyone notice this?

Redbeard,
I'm getting the SAME problem!
Here's 1 theory I had and I'd like you to let me know if your situation is the same.
The apps that aren't showing up on my phone are all Games. I had my iPhone 3G Jailbroken and I was using "Categories". A jailbreak app that lets you create folders, name those folders and put app icons in that folder.

So I had a folder called "Games" and moved the majority of my games into that folder. I'm wondering if the 3.0 upgrade process messes up all of those game apps I had in that folder and does not display them on my phone now.

My next step when I get home is to connect my iPhone to iTunes and do a WIPE. Start from scratch and start to move all of my apps, music, vids, contacts..etc back to the newly wiped phone.

Keep us posted on any of your findings regarding this "Blackhole"

Thanks!