iphone/ipod/mac/charging

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
If this is in the wrong place please move it.

I know some people can charge there iphone while there mac is sleeping, is there a setting for this? If I plug my iphone/ipod in to my mac and put it to sleep it stops charging them.

If I unplug the iphone/ipod and plug them back in the mac wakes up. I have looked in the setting and can't find anything that would have to do with this.

So what am I missing? Or I just can't do it?

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Who sleeps their Mac and who shuts them down?

If this is in the wrong place please move it.

I know some people can charge there iphone while there mac is sleeping, is there a setting for this? If I plug my iphone/ipod in to my mac and put it to sleep it stops charging them.

If I unplug the iphone/ipod and plug them back in the mac wakes up. I have looked in the setting and can't find anything that would have to do with this.

So what am I missing? Or I just can't do it?

I have my Imac programmed to shut down every night so of course that will shut down the USB power to the Iphone. I have a separate dock by my bed to charge if needed at night. But the power is not turned off if your Mac is just in sleep mode so I don't know why it would not continue to charge.
Sorry, wish I could help.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I just tried it again to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. I plugged it in and put the computer to sleep and it stopped charging.

I just find it weird mine does that. I mean its not that important that it charges while it is sleeping, just trying to get it to work haha. It sucks to be bored.