Lost my harddrive, now can't load new music to iphone

cicago447

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
My hard drive became was replaced, I reinstalled itunes. Now I can not transfer new music to the iphone without wiping out what is on the iphone. Any help to get around this would be appriecated.

jd

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I would hold off on starting over b/c I think there are some rippers that can extract the tracks off the iPhone / iPod. I've never used it before, but just wanted to let you know I think there is a way and to hold off until someone with more experience chimes in.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
This is a solution that should have been resolved from the get go. With my Treo I had the option to overwrite my data on my PC from my device. There is just too many chains or lock downs without versital management. It's a no brainer...you may have paid for the music, and now it should easily be managed from PC to device without jumping thru hoops. People change PC's as they change devices. I love my iPhone but it doesn't get the heavyweight Title as a Smartphone quite yet in spite some of it's innovations. Because of it's short commings, my notebook is getting more attention managing things I use to do on my Treo and BlackJack. I do believe the best is yet to come for the iPhone, and it still rocks. If the better doesn't come though, a pretty face ant enough to keep me, I will go elsewhere Stevie...sick of using my notebook so much.

Last edited:

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Last year, I lost all my music when my hard drive crashed (although everything was still on my ipod). I used TouchCopy which allows you to transfer files from an ipod/iphone to a computer without iTunes syncing the device. You can try it free for a while with limited number of file transfers and the full version isn't too expensive. I'm not sure of the address but it should be easy to find if you Google it :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2