Beware of the Boonies!

nmprofessional

Jun 19, 2003
www.nmprofessional.com
This past weekend, I traveled to see my folks and go camping with my. We got the camper setup and i left my iPhone in the camper as I wa going to use it for an alarm clock.

After being in a non-cell area for about 6-8 hours... my phone started to vibrate in 2-pulse increments a few time. I really think much of it. When I went to check my alarm and set it for the morning... I was greeted with the "Connect to iTunes" screen. What the...!

So I restarted my iPhone and I got the message, "Could not Activate iPhone" click "Okay". Now non of the third party apps work! I could not get any of my games or any app to run... I am assuming because of the "Could not Activate iPhone" message.

I am now re-syncing the iPhone to see if I get a working ohone now that I am in an AT&T service area.

*** My 2 cents ***

I know that AT&T and Apple want to crack down on Jailbreaking offenders... but if I bring my iPhone in a non-cell area.... DON"T KILL THE PHONE and APPS! Just render the phone as "not in cell area"... keep all apps active so I can use them. If I was in a long business meeting and the same thing happened... I would not be very happy!

Has anyone else have similar issues with being out of cell tower range?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
All I can tell you is that it had nothing to do with your phone being jailbroken and at&t hunting for you.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know that AT&T and Apple want to crack down on Jailbreaking offenders... but if I bring my iPhone in a non-cell area.... DON"T KILL THE PHONE and APPS!

Sorry, took the above as you were jailbroken. As for your issue, no clue. :confused: I'd chalk that one up to bad luck. :eek:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
That's odd. It would seem to me that this could be a fluke, as I several times a day enter and area where I see a "No Service" for my connectivity. I would have assumed that this is what you would have seen in the boonies...

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
I would have just turned off the wireless (flight mode) so it didn't wast the battery trying to connect. It would be fine.
But if it's disabling things intentionally, then that's messed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2