iPhone 2.1

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
So what are some of the improvements do you think should be implemented in the new software update?

I've been getting problems with the clock being totally wrong, resetting and it being right. Hopefully they fix that.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Definitely the sluggishness. Especially in the contact app. When I try to use the contact app it can hang or freeze for about 2 to 5 seconds. I know this has been beaten like a dead dog, but cut and paste please!!!! I would also like Customize (JB app) like features to organize all my apps, maybe even folders to put apps in.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
CUT & PASTE

Sluggishness; battery life; to do syncing; notes syncing (I figure if I throw enough of them out there they'd at least address one).

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Battery life is huge for me!!

Also, if I am in a non-3G area and I don't turn 3G off I will get "No Service" on my phone... when I turn 3G off I have FULL BARS of service.. WTF?????

Finally, I am suffering from the occasional lack of rings/tones. Sometimes when I get a call my phone doesn't ring.. texts I also may or may not get a notification tone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Battery life is huge for me!!

Also, if I am in a non-3G area and I don't turn 3G off I will get "No Service" on my phone... when I turn 3G off I have FULL BARS of service.. WTF?????

Finally, I am suffering from the occasional lack of rings/tones. Sometimes when I get a call my phone doesn't ring.. texts I also may or may not get a notification tone.

Can't blame Apple for your 3g woes. That's all at&t's coverage on that one. Luckily here in Chicago I don't have a issue with service. It should switch to edge automatically. That may be more of a defect then bug you have there. Possibly something with the radio. :confused:

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I am not blaming apple for lack of 3g at the subway restaurant AT ALL. I rarely go there. But not switching automatically I don't believe is the fault of Att rather the phone.

Jeffois

May 4, 2007
Visit site
I don't know if this is a MobilMe or iPhone software issue, but the ability to merge data between Mac and the "Cloud"/iPhone would be mighty nice. Kinda ticked about that. :mad:

Of course, Cut 'n Paste...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am not blaming apple for lack of 3g at the subway restaurant AT ALL. I rarely go there. But not switching automatically I don't believe is the fault of Att rather the phone.

I never said you were blaming at&t. Like I said it my post above you may have something wrong with the phone itself. Or try a restore if you have not done so already. But restore from scratch and not a back up.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I never said you were blaming at&t. Like I said it my post above you may have something wrong with the phone itself. Or try a restore if you have not done so already. But restore from scratch and not a back up.

Thanks for the tip. Will I lose anything in the process? For example, I have some Apps that were free when I downloaded but now cost $$$. Will this affect my ability to put this app on my phone without a cost? Anything else I should know before doing this?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thanks for the tip. Will I lose anything in the process? For example, I have some Apps that were free when I downloaded but now cost $$$. Will this affect my ability to put this app on my phone without a cost? Anything else I should know before doing this?

Hmmm... You will not lose any apps, when the process is done you will have a wiped iPhone just like you bought it. Just sync all the apps back via iTunes along with music, podcasts, contacts, etc... If you need any more help just PM me.

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I definitely think the battery life on my i-Phone is horrendous. I just don't see how others are getting 2 days worth a charge on there phones. I've been lucky to get at 8 - 12 hours so far on mine. I'm not using push and I don't constantly use 3G or WiFi, unless I'm surfing. This is pretty much the only major flaw for me at this time. I guess I will just have to make sure I'm always charged up.

I was wandering what are the average times for battery life that others are getting before they get the low battery warning?

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Via MacRumors:

Update: Besides Core Location speed and heading additions, Apple has also included early Push Notifications APIs that allows applications to process notifications in the background. Apple promised this feature by September.

So how is this Push Notification thing going to work? Take AIM for instance, will you still appear online after you exit the app? If you still sign off, it seems kind of useless to me.