Latest alleged 3G iPhone photo surfaces

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
This seems like its possible.

alleged3giphone.jpg

Source: http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/06/01/latest-alleged-3g-iphone-photo-surfaces/

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
FWIW, that's pretty much what I've been thinking the back will look like. If you're Apple and dump the aluminium (because it blocks radio waves) matte black is likely where you end up (IMO).

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I could dig that. While I love the appearance of the current iPhone, I definitely think ditching the current backside will not only lighten it up, but improve reception, like said above.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
The current iphone looks great but I think a little faith is justified here. When did Apple last make an ugly product?

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
FWIW, that's pretty much what I've been thinking the back will look like. If you're Apple and dump the aluminium (because it blocks radio waves) matte black is likely where you end up (IMO).
I kind of like the aluminum look and feel of it, I wonder if the plastic is going to have the same feel, guessing not. I don't have a problem with the signal at all. I'm sure with the plastic and all it will still look great.

WatersWest

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
This would seem to make sense in light of the whole "iPhone Black" appearance on AT&T's website several weeks back. Personally, I would like an all-black look even better than the current phone. I have the 1st-gen Samsung Blackjack with a matte black finish, and its great. It makes it very easy to hold for e-mailing, texting, etc.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
I totally agree some kind of textured gripyness would be perfect. Although apple likes to make things shiney and shiney things tend to be slippery so I dont really see that happening.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
A 3G iPhone with a textured feel would be nice, but I agree, Apple likes shiny smooth things. I don't mind the non-gripyness. I have the iPhone with a rubber case. I can have the rubber feel and the shiny feel whenever I want.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to call fake. Not to say that a black iPhone wouldn't look good, this is just a fake.

JSN1 claims the photo was taken at the 5th Avenue Apple Store in Manhattan, where Apple was rumored to be shooting a commercial for the upcoming iPhone.

Really...?
The lines around the Apple logo look way too Photoshopped.

Last edited:

carsly

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
This would seem to make sense in light of the whole "iPhone Black" appearance on AT&T's website several weeks back. Personally, I would like an all-black look even better than the current phone. I have the 1st-gen Samsung Blackjack with a matte black finish, and its great. It makes it very easy to hold for e-mailing, texting, etc.

Agree. I also have a 1G Blackjack with the black rubberized finish and it is much easier to hold than my iphone. The slick aluminum skin of the iphone makes it prone to slipping and falling out of my hand - never a problem with the blackjack. The BJ has its own faults - terrible battery life, poor reception (thank you AT&T), micro-keys, and a very, very slow processor that can not keep up with my typing. Also the windows mobile fiasco is another joke - slow as all heck and suspect to freezing or interminable delays. That said, I do enjoy the laptop tethering with 3G data.

IndyJonez

May 31, 2008
Visit site
The more I think about the more I believe I wouldn't so much mind having an iphone with a plastic back, as long as it was good thick durable plastic.

When I first heard about the rumors of a possible plastic backing (still rumored) I immediately thought "oh HELL no!" until I took my 3rd gen ipod out of its rubber case its been in for over 2 years without a scratch and within a weeks time it slipped out of my hand and hit the ground twice leaving huge dents in the aluminum backing....not happy. =/

I don't know what type of aluminum backing they used for THAT version but the newly aquired dents lead me to believe "cheap" type.

So I would glady accept a nice durable plastic type backing on the next gen iphone, cause I'd rather come away from a drop with a slight scratch or scuff on my plastic rather than a indention on the phone itself!

Just my 2 cents, and I'm diggin' the rumored black more and more everyday.

=P

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Rubbery devices are hard to slip in and out of your pocket.
Yup agreed. I have a rubber case around my iPhone and it is sometimes a pain when I want to quickly do something (e.g. check the time). This is especially true for jeans. I would rather trade that bit of inconvenience for the piece of mind that I won't scratch my phone.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
I dont think its ugly at all. People love Black, its just one of those very sophisticated colors that goes with everything. Apple already did their white thigns and now their moving on to the black. its just their progression of colors. Likely they will lose attention to the black after a while and start doing everything in white like they used to. You have to mix things up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711