Why won't my camera kit work with my iPad Air 2?

I

iMore Question

I have owned the camera kit and the newer lightning camera kit for the iPad. Some time ago after updating, I was never able to transfer or view photos from my DSLR or the SD card. I've replaced the SD card, and used other iPad airs, and still nothing. Is this something Apple did? I've updated my software when available hoping there's a fix, and of course, nothing. I used to use the camera kit and iPad ever sense it came out because I need the lightweight when traveling. I bought an android tablet that works fine for editing, but prefer an iPad over Android. I want to go back to the iPad. Any help?

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I got one for mine and have never gotten it to work properly on mine either.

This is one of those areas where Apple needs to worry less about selling us overpriced peripherals, and concentrate more on just giving us industry standard features, like a Micro USB port or a MicroSD slot...

It is something that just about every PC, laptop, Windows tab, Android tab, and most Android phones have... And it is very useful to consumers to just be able to take the MicroSD card out of your camera, GoPro or phone, and just snap it into the iPad and start opening, editing, sharing, etc... Or having a Micro USB port that I can plug in a 2TB external hard drive and access it... Without some clunky app or iTunes... just plug and play.

That's how the rest of the world works, and I don't understand why Apple continues to fight having basic, useful, convenient and otherwise universal features... It's like they go out of their way to be different, even if it means being different in a bad way...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77