No SIM card installed message keeps popping up

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I currently don't have a SIM card inside my iPad and keep on getting that message that I don't have a sim installed. Any way to turn it off ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're using it wifi only... Activate Airplane mode, then turn wifi on... It will still give the sim message after restarting, but only once.

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I think another alternative is to go to Settings, then Cellular Data then set it to Off. I did that when I first got my cellular iPad Air 2. I had removed the Apple sim as I wasn't going to activate it for a few weeks and just use wifi only. Then when I was ready to activate the cellular data I turned the option back on in Settings > Cellular data, switched the iPad off, inserted the sim then all worked once activated.

I just tested going into Cellular Data in Settings now, turned it off, then the AT&T logo vanished as well as the signal bars. Now all that appears there is "iPad" and the wifi connected logo like you'd see on a wifi only iPad. On a side not note related to iPads, I wish Android tablets had this same option to completely turn off cellular data. Can only do what originally was listed here, Airplane mode, then turn wifi back on.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think another alternative is to go to Settings, then Cellular Data then set it to Off. I did that when I first got my cellular iPad Air 2. I had removed the Apple sim as I wasn't going to activate it for a few weeks and just use wifi only. Then when I was ready to activate the cellular data I turned the option back on in Settings > Cellular data, switched the iPad off, inserted the sim then all worked once activated.

I just tested going into Cellular Data in Settings now, turned it off, then the AT&T logo vanished as well as the signal bars. Now all that appears there is "iPad" and the wifi connected logo like you'd see on a wifi only iPad. On a side not note related to iPads, I wish Android tablets had this same option to completely turn off cellular data. Can only do what originally was listed here, Airplane mode, then turn wifi back on.

I can't turn cellular on or off. I guess I could just put my old Verizon sim inside even though it's useless

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tersanyus

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok you are right, I'm sorry. I took my sim out, and Cellular data is grayed out. Could have sworn I did what I said earlier. Maybe I turned off Cellular data while still having the unactivated Apple sim already installed. I'd probably do like you said, put a sim in, then see if it lets you turn off Cellular data, then turn off the iPad, then see what happens.

Elijah Leviste

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Ok you are right, I'm sorry. I took my sim out, and Cellular data is grayed out. Could have sworn I did what I said earlier. Maybe I turned off Cellular data while still having the unactivated Apple sim already installed. I'd probably do like you said, put a sim in, then see if it lets you turn off Cellular data, then turn off the iPad, then see what happens.

You have to take the sim out the while on wifi bring up sir I and say "Turn Of Cellular Data" and it will turn it off even tho its grayed out (;

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77