Why is my iPad Air 2 so slow while charging?

TRWaller

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Ipad Air 2 Charging

Hi Guys,
I've bought a new Ipad Air 2 a few months back, since the beginning I've been very happy, it is just one problem that I have, which I have not seen on any other thread.
If my Ipad is on charge my ipad just totally slows down when I'm trying to use it, even to such an extent that I will sometimes have to touch an app 2 or 3 times before t actually launches, but as soon as I take it off charge it is as good as new again.
Anyone else facing this same problem or does anyone know how I can over come this problem?
Thanks for your assistance.

Terence...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ipad Air 2 Charging

I do not have an iPad Air 2, but I've never experienced anything like that on any of the Apple products I've owned over the years. If it were me, I'd make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store, and have them diagnose the problem.

zebulun12

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I've had my iPad air 2 since December and I'm always using it while it is charging. I've never had it slow down while charging. Yea get that looked at.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Are you using it with the charger and brick that came with it? If you use the iPhone brick it's very slow.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

John Crist

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Are you using it with the charger and brick that came with it? If you use the iPhone brick it's very slow.

I think he's talking about it's operation more than it's charging speed. OP, of course, please let me know if I'm wrong.

I don't yet own an Air 2 either but from what I understand while it's charging it is listening for the Hey Siri hotword, so it's possible that this 'subroutine' has gone astray? That's about the only thing I can think of.

Have you attempted to reinstall the OS on the device? If you have, was the result the same? Could save you a Genius Bar trip.

lezleeincreede

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey Terrence
This. Is my first timme on this forum, so I don't have an answer,, buutttIdo have some things that I wanted to check wiith you. I am charging whiile I am. Typing. And it either puts in additional characters or doesnt respond. Touchscreen is a mess,

lezleeincreede

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey sorry, I got cut off. Did thishappen afftert yyou insttalled IOS 10? Dou have a glass screensaver?
I am becomming vERY irrritated wit this problem. If you. Do find a solution, please post it and I will do te same. Good luck!

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site

Sounds like you are performing a backup when it's plugged in.

Disconnect from WiFi, plug it in, use the iPad and see if its slow. If it's slow then there's something else going on and maybe a soft or hard reset is needed. If it isn't slow then something is backing up.

wiecs

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
Hey, i have the same problem with my iPad Air 2 and I use mine every night mainly for school work. If anyone knows what's wrong or how to fix it I would love to know.

sparksd

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Can you use an app like System Status to at least look at CPU loading when plugged in? That would at least give an indicator that something is running and causing heavy CPU load.

Clk666

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem, tried reset and restore.....no change, Tried reset and set up as new iPad....no change. IPad was even slow when putting in the new details after a reset so nothing to do with iCloud back up. I had been using this to charge my devices ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2909977 ) but as a final thought I tried my original Apple charger and BOOM....Fixed!. Apparently my iPad Air 2 doesn't like different chargers?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77