Whats the best way to sell a iPad?

Bmxbiker46

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a iPad 2 that is almost 3 weeks old. During these past weeks I have come to realize that I simply just don't have any real use for my iPad. Don't get me wrong, it's a great device! However, I have a iPhone and a nice Mac, between these two I'm set. So I want to sell my iPad but have no idea what the best way to sell it is. Does anybody have any good ideas or methods? If you have sold one before, please let me know how you did it!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Craigslist is the easiest IMO.. But possibly not the safest, lol! Just need to meet at a local place, no shady areas or shipping, etc.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you work for a large company or even a small one, you could try advertising it there to see who would be interested in buying it.

Singlestick

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a iPad 2 that is almost 3 weeks old. During these past weeks I have come to realize that I simply just don't have any real use for my iPad. Don't get me wrong, it's a great device! However, I have a iPhone and a nice Mac, between these two I'm set. So I want to sell my iPad but have no idea what the best way to sell it is. Does anybody have any good ideas or methods? If you have sold one before, please let me know how you did it!

There is an online site called gazelle that you might take a look at. They will give you on online quote based on info you provide and will send you a box if you don't have packaging.

celt007

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
depends on where you live , I would try face booking your friends , that is a great way , use it as a status... also you could probably try kijiji.com its like crags list but better for selling stuff.

NickA

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The problem with eBay are the listing fees, not too mention the percentage of the selling price they AND PayPal will take. Then there is the time to package, print a label and ship the device (time=money). But, it's the safest and quickest way to actually sell it.

aihna

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey! You may also try cashforipads.com.
I've heard a lot of positive feedback and reviews.
I'm just trying to help and I hope this helps you.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've not dealt with selling an iPad, but I did sell my Palm Pre back when Palm was a viable company. I found the best option to be selling it through the marketplace right on PreCentral, or in this case, TiPb. You'll still want to setup some form of safe payment option such as PayPal or others options, but here you've got people who generally know what they're dealing with. If you get interested buyers that have never posted on the site before, you can be a little nervous, but if you get someone with lots of posts, they're not likely to go away and leave you holding the bag. I got my payment confirmed through PayPal first and shipped it with delivery confirmation through the post office. Don't forget to state your shipping policy (i.e., costs plus shipping and insurance, etc.) and don't forget to insure it just in case.

Now, all that said, you may want to first consider taking it back to the store where you got it. Many stores will accept returns within 30 days although electronics often have different policies.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
eBay is great. Give them a shot. The fees between PayPal and eBay really suck, but you'll still get the most money out of them I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77