AppStore not updating apps

gjoseph14

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have an Ipad mini 1st gen running 7.0.4. I'm faced with a problem "all of a sudden". I have pending app updates in AppStore, but I can't get them to update. When I click on "update", it opens the app. "Update all" is also greyed out. I do not have automatic update turned on and no apps are "stuck" updating. I've restarted many times to no avail. This suddenly started about 3 days ago. Anyone has a fix?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I have an Ipad mini 1st gen running 7.0.4. I'm faced with a problem "all of a sudden". I have pending app updates in AppStore, but I can't get them to update. When I click on "update", it opens the app. "Update all" is also greyed out. I do not have automatic update turned on and no apps are "stuck" updating. I've restarted many times to no avail. This suddenly started about 3 days ago. Anyone has a fix?

Try turning on automatic update then Robot your device. Make sure your connected to a wi fi if your apps are bigger than 100mb

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be an issue with jailbroken devices still on 7.x. My iPhone 4 running 6.12 is able to update as normal, but both iPads and my wife's iPhone all running 7.12 are behaving in the same manner.

gjoseph14

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I somehow had a feeling it had to do I with my jb status. Granted it was jb long long ago. I hope the fix was not to restore and re-jb. I checked the apps and they "seem" to be updating although I'm not seeing them do it.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My husband was experiencing this on his iPad 3 last night. His is jailbroken on 7.x. Anyone who knows the solution and can share would be greatly appreciated.

Mervin del Mar

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I think its a bug, but check if your app version is the same with the latest on on appstore and if not try this

if the app in appstore is higer then what's on your device then do this.

open appstore
search the app that you want to update on the " seach "
and then open it " you will see it will update "

capetaben

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I have the same problem with jailbroken iPhone 5s 7.0.6
The best solution is open the updates section in appstore, click anywhere else on the app two times( 1st time clicking it makes a window dropped down stating the details of the update, now click again and it will take you to it's app page) and voila! You click on the Update button and it starts updating!

cpassman

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is NOT just for JB devices. There are other forum threads elsewhere on the net which discuss this. The problem is rare, but happens to enuf people that its 'a thing'. Apple wont (yet) acknowledge the problem. Its possible to update the apps using an alternate method ... choose 'Purchased' at bottom of App Store view. For each app, click into the space in the middle of the entry (to right of icon, to left of [OPEN] button). You will see a pop-up window which will have an [UPDATE] option, click on that and it will update the app. But, this will not resolve the problem (will re-occur when next update for the app is pushed to app store).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77