Archived iTunes backup

Jesus Pantaleon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
So I am on a iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9.3 beta 3 Public beta. Recently I had problems with the OS so I want to go back to iOS 9.2. The thing is that I synced a backed up my back up but I can not use it for iOS 9.2. Last time I was able to do it now it won't let me. Is there a possible way? Because I don't want to restore to a older back up because I have important stuff on the device now that the older backup does not have.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You cannot restore a backup made with a newer iOS version to a device running an older iOS version.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As D stated, no you can't. This is the downside to the beta life. Your best bet is to wait it out.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why I always keep an iTunes backup from the existing GM, just in case I ever have to go back.

Jesus Pantaleon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I mean i have a 9.2 backup but that was taken when i had to restore everything from scratch so there isn't anything there lol. But well i guess I'll wait. Hopefully the new beta 4 for public comes out soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I mean i have a 9.2 backup but that was taken when i had to restore everything from scratch so there isn't anything there lol. But well i guess I'll wait. Hopefully the new beta 4 for public comes out soon.

My guess is We'll either see another public beta or a GM in the next week or so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77