How do I kill this calendar?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.2.1, this issue pre-exists this version of the OS. On both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2. There is an iOS subscribed calendar that despite my repeated attempts to unsubscribe and delete, keeps coming back. On both devices.

It is not being synced from anywhere, as my calendar syncing is via Google, not iCloud, and they are not listed as part of my Google calendar set.

Actually, I have to delete it FOUR times each time, because it shows in both the default calendar and Calendars 5 on each device, and shows up again even after DELETING it. The native calendar shows it in the "Other" category as "subscribed", Calendars 5 shows it in the "Local Calendars (Other)" category.

I want it gone because it's a duplicate of one I do sync via Google, and Google's version is better.

Calendar 5 is not doing the syncing, it's set to read the local databases only. In my device account settings, I have calendar syncing turned off for iCloud and turned on for Google.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Where are you deleting them? Have you deleted them in the Calendar app? Or in Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendar? Try in the App. Go to Calendars at the bottom center. Tap "edit" in the upper left corner. Tap on a Calendar you wish to delete. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Delete account".

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Where are you deleting them? Have you deleted them in the Calendar app? Or in Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendar? Try in the App. Go to Calendars at the bottom center. Tap "edit" in the upper left corner. Tap on a Calendar you wish to delete. Scroll down to the bottom and tap "Delete account".

There is no option to delete this calendar from the built-in app, the delete option in within Calendars 5. In the built-in, I have unsbscribed from it more times than I can count. It's the US Holidays calendar.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is no option to delete this calendar from the built-in app, the delete option in within Calendars 5. In the built-in, I have unsbscribed from it more times than I can count. It's the US Holidays calendar.

I see no option to delete it either. I use the one I added before Apple added theirs. I keep the Google version unchecked. You want the opposite. Can you just uncheck that holiday calendar in the Calendar app? I can. Would that not stop 2 from showing? I'll be talking with Apple soon and will ask about that.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I see no option to delete it either. I use the one I added before Apple added theirs. I keep the Google version unchecked. You want the opposite. Can you just uncheck that holiday calendar in the Calendar app? I can. Would that not stop 2 from showing? I'll be talking with Apple soon and will ask about that.

I've unchecked it half a gazillion times already, it keeps coming back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 9.2.1, this issue pre-exists this version of the OS. On both my iPhone 6 and iPad 2. There is an iOS subscribed calendar that despite my repeated attempts to unsubscribe and delete, keeps coming back. On both devices.

It is not being synced from anywhere, as my calendar syncing is via Google, not iCloud, and they are not listed as part of my Google calendar set.
I have 2 holiday calendars within the native calendar app. The first one depicted in the screenshot is one I created years ago and can be easily deleted. The second is the one Apple provides and has the word "subscribed" underneath it. It cannot be deleted in the traditional sense, but can only be unchecked. I'm wondering since 3rd-party calendar apps tie into the iOS calendar, are yours syncing the subscribed U.S. Calendar app I mentioned above? It is there by default. For testing purposes, I removed my iCloud calendar and its data from my device, and then opened the native calendar app. Sure enough, the U.S. Calendar was present.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454533638.612358.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 holiday calendars within the native calendar app. The first one depicted in the screenshot is one I created years ago and can be easily deleted. The second is the one Apple provides and has the word "subscribed" underneath it. It cannot be deleted in the traditional sense, but can only be unchecked. I'm wondering since 3rd-party calendar apps tie into the iOS calendar, are yours syncing the subscribed U.S. Calendar app I mentioned above? It is there by default. For testing purposes, I removed my iCloud calendar and it's data from my device, and then opened the native calendar app. Sure enough, the U.S. Calendar was present.

View attachment 101808

Like you, I have the one at the bottom with subscribed under it. I thought it was the one I put in by entering a link in Settings. My other one is under Gmail. No option to delete either one. But unchecking works for me.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Try unchecking the US Holiday Calendar from the stock Calendar app, then delete Calendar 5, reboot, and reinstall Calendar 5.. not saying this will work, but it's worth a try. ??

Using Fantastical, I can see the US Holiday calendar, but I also have to ability to uncheck it.. I also have Calendar 5 and I dont see that particular US Holiday Calendar

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Someone suggested if you have the holiday calendar synced with a Mac, go on the Mac and to preferences, and uncheck there. IDK!

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 holiday calendars within the native calendar app. The first one depicted in the screenshot is one I created years ago and can be easily deleted. The second is the one Apple provides and has the word "subscribed" underneath it. It cannot be deleted in the traditional sense, but can only be unchecked. I'm wondering since 3rd-party calendar apps tie into the iOS calendar, are yours syncing the subscribed U.S. Calendar app I mentioned above? It is there by default. For testing purposes, I removed my iCloud calendar and its data from my device, and then opened the native calendar app. Sure enough, the U.S. Calendar was present.

Yes, it's the one in the "Other" section.

I do not sync via iCloud, I sync via Google. I want to keep the Google calendar and stop seeing the iOS "subscribed" calendar.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I have the one at the bottom with subscribed under it. I thought it was the one I put in by entering a link in Settings. My other one is under Gmail. No option to delete either one. But unchecking works for me.

Unchecking the iOS US Holidays calendar does not work for me, because it. keeps. coming. back. On both devices. Despite having been deleted from the third party app and unchecked in the native app on both devices, calendar sync being disabled in my iCloud account settings and not present in my Google account settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2