Needing to type in password every time on iTunes after moving to iOS 9
Ever since I upgraded to iOS 9 iTunes is making me reenter my password every time I want to update apps. I don't like having them update automatically so I choose to review them first and update manually. In iOS 8 and previous versions, it's always updated them for me without requiring me to reenter my password. I have it set-up to use Touch ID for new apps and that still does popup for me to use when I download a new app, but updates are making me actually type in the password. It's a little annoying to have to do that each time. Am I missing a setting? I've looked around but can't find anything that I might have set-up weird.
I have an iPhone 6.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- 10-12-2015, 08:09 PM #2
Re: Needing to type in password every time on iTunes after moving to iOS 9
I know that when I just set my phone up as new, there was a question along the lines of "do you want to enter your password for free apps?" Which includes updates, I believe. Maybe try logging out of your Apple ID and back in to try and prompt that?
- 10-12-2015, 11:15 PM #3
- 10-13-2015, 09:42 AM #5
- 10-13-2015, 12:37 PM #8
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2016, 02:19 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 10Last Post: 10-17-2015, 04:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Game CenterReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2015, 08:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2015, 02:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iOS 9Replies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2015, 01:50 PM