Upgraded to iOS 8.1 and now Bluetooth doesnt work properly....worked before update :(

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 Plus and upgraded to iOS 8.1 and now when i am in my car talking on the phone ....Bluetooth will disconnect kick over to my handset and then a few seconds later go back to Bluetooth. There is something severely wrong with 8.1.....I called Apple and they said it's my car.....however, prior to the update I had ZERO problems with Bluetooth connectivity. Is someone aware of a fix???? I might go to the Apple store and have them exchange my iPhone for a 6 Plus running 8.03 until they release a fix....this is CRAZY!!

What I find humorous is the update that was supposed to fix Bluetooth issues actually made my 6 Plus worse!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try this. Go to the car's bluetooth/hands-free settings and remove the iPhone. Via the iPhone's Bluetooth setting, remove the car's information. Turn off the car and reboot the phone. Afterwards, reconfigure your phone with your car. Try using the bluetooth function and give us an update at your convenience. Thanks...:)

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a series of issues after updating on my 6+ including TERRIBLE battery life. I called Apple and they told me to reset my settings (not content). I did that and it worked for me. It's annoying but getting my phone functionality and battery life back was more than worth the trouble...

The rep explained that it is the largest update they have rolled out to date.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Tried that no luck....reset all network settings no joy....did a full restore. It's better and doesn't drop as often but still drops

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Ugh. Sorry to hear. I'm having issues with the keyboard dropping or not showing up at all when I need to type. Hoping for a fix soon....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2