iTunes Sync Over LTE

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I like that we're able to sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi, but I don't use Wi-Fi much on my iPhone and don't want to turn it on to backup. It would be neat if we are able to sync over LTE with iOS 8. What are your thoughts?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to say no because of capped data plans... people will blow through their plan allotments all on their own, but blame Apple & syncing for it.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to say no too. Over here in the UK it is much more usual to have capped data plans that are quite small in comparison to the USA and one sync could blow through way, way more than someone's limit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree that having the option could be a plus for people, but I will side with kch50428 & Highrisedrifter in regard to the option not being implemented because of limited data plans...:)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree that having the option could be a plus for people, but I will side with kch50428 & Highrisedrifter in regard to the option not being implemented because of limited data plans...:)

I also agree but they could list it in the Restriction section of settings so you would have to use a pass code to enable it and have a warning screen pop up in the process with the where not liable and so on

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so cause some people (like me) have iTunes libraries that are like 45 GB in just apps and music. Plus since those libraries have to be uploaded via your home internet connection so people have very slow upload speeds (like mine is 1 Mbps) and would take way to long. Maybe if Apple added an option to sync via wifi direct?

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2