Editing text in Reminders

ypwandrews

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
When I have a note longer than the screen, I can't edit text anywhere but the bottom of the page. Is there something I'm missing here, or is it a glitch?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it out on my iPhone 5, and when I scrolled to the bottom of one of my notes that's longer than the actual screen, I am able to just tap where I want to edit and then make the necessary changes. I don't know what to tell you except that it's not a glitch. Try rebooting your device.

ypwandrews

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've done that a couple of times. Asked someone else in the office (they have a 4S, not a 5 which is what I have) and they have the same problem. Can't use the magnifier to move the cursor back up through the field either. I'll try rebooting again and see if the third time's the charm. (Nope, same issue. If I bring the keyboard up, it automatically scrolls to the end. I can edit in the portion of the field visible above the keyboard, and below the top of the screen. If I scroll up or down and tap to move the cursor, bringing the keyboard up again, it shoots me down to the bottom of the field again. Just to clarify, this is in the Reminders app, in the notes field, not the Notes app.)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that. I thought you meant the Notes app. Anyway, I just took your last reply, copied and pasted it in the notes second of a test "reminder" that I created. The note indeed is longer than the screen so that when I initially view the reminder, I only see a fraction of the note section. When I tap on the reminder, and circle with an i inside appears to the right, and when I tap on the i, I am taken to the details section of the reminder. I can then see the entire text inside the note area. It looks grayed out, but when I tap anywhere in the note area, I am able to edit and move the magnifier anywhere throughout the note.

Last edited:

ypwandrews

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I have some formatting issues going on with tasks that were synced over from Pocket Informant. I guess I'll do some more experimenting and see what I can figure out. I copied and pasted some text into a new reminder notes field, and had the same thing happen. Thanks for the hand; I'll update if I can find something that works.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Photo Sep 24, 2 46 16 PM.pngPhoto Sep 24, 2 46 21 PM.pngPhoto Sep 24, 2 46 30 PM.pngPhoto Sep 24, 2 46 42 PM.png
Maybe I have some formatting issues going on with tasks that were synced over from Pocket Informant. I guess I'll do some more experimenting and see what I can figure out. I copied and pasted some text into a new reminder notes field, and had the same thing happen. Thanks for the hand; I'll update if I can find something that works.

I understand, and sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I've posted a few screenshots to show you what I did.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have a similar issues with some of my long notes in Reminders.
I can't place the cursor where I want it to go.
FWIW: Reminders needs a lot of work IMO.
I use it extensively. Definitely the weakest if the native apps.
And here's my usual rant: pls bring back the All Day feature that was taken from us several updates ago.
Regardless, I love the new iOS7.
Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2