iPhone Contacts Don't Display Names

RawisTheGameHhH

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys; this happened to me a few weeks ago; but I cant find the setting that fixed this. I have an iPhone 4S and my contacts come from my exchange account over the air. When I receive a call or a text it just displays the number; however those numbers are all stored in my exchange contacts. I found a setting before; after looking for a few hours but cant find it now that said something like conacts use phone or exchange. I need to change it to exchange so the contacts numbers sync back with their names. Thanks!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
why am I updating the roaming capabilities? like i said in the first post; its a setting under settings some where.

try dialing that number he suggested its a known fix for your problem.. there is no setting in the phone that magically says "dont display names"

are contacts appearing on your phone in phone>contacts?

Last edited:
B

bonesb

why am I updating the roaming capabilities? like i said in the first post; its a setting under settings some where.

Option 2 updates the PRL. Option 1 programs the MDN, MIN and Home SID into the phone, downloads the latest PRL, and sets the lock code to the last 4 digits of the MDN.

I just posted in a similar thread - this "issue" isn't iOS-specific, and it's not, by any means, new. See my other post for more details and a fix that's worked dozens of times (on my employee phones), every time. A carrier update fixed the "issue", even on my Moto Synergy OS (Z9/V3) phones 3-5 years ago.

If you're on a GSM provider, call your provider's customer service and ask them to push the latest carrier update to your phone (regardless of platform, and from another phone), then restart it. Yes, even ATT does pushes carrier updates when it's asked of them...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2