Pretty Sure My iMessages Was Hacked

jonsg

May 8, 2012
Visit site
First off, it's five in the morning and the last few hours have been hell and I'm dead tired, so please excuse any typos or if I don't make complete sense.

Long story short, a few hours ago I received a call from a friend and as soon as I answered she just started going off at me and yelling. She wouldn't let me get a word in, but I did understand that she was upset at the iMessages I had sent her. After she hung up on me I tried calling her and sending her an iMessage, but they went ignored. I called a mutual friend who told me that she had received a number of really rude iMessages from me. Well, I tried explaining that I had no idea what was going on and eventually I spoke to my friend, who was upset at me.

She sent me screenshots and all the messages she received were iMessages from my email (I have my number and two emails linked to iMessages and my CallerID for iMessages is one of those emails). Now, I didn't have these "rude" messages on my phone. So, I quickly logged into the Apple site using my Apple ID because I wanted to see if anyone had added any additional emails or if anything had changed. Thankfully, I never store my credit card info anywhere, including iTunes. It is a hassle to have to manually enter my credit card info every time I make a purchase, but I just feel safer.

Anyways, I called Apple and explained my situation and after two hours of speaking with different reps, they told me that this was the most bizarre thing they'd ever heard. Obviously, we all heard about the whole situation with iMessages still being received with the SIM fiasco. But this wasn't the case with me. The only thing I thought may have happened was someone got a hold of one of the two gmail emails I have linked to iMessages and then added it on their phone.

This just really sucks. I use iMessages to speak to family, my boss and even one of my professors. I'm honestly scared sh*tless right now and hope whoever is behind this just stops.

It amazes me, because I use a different password for every account I have and all of my passwords are generated by 1Password. I only login to my accounts on my computer or my phone. And my computer never leaves my house and there is honestly no plausible way anyone could have gained access to it, I know this for a fact.

Anyways, sorry, I just had to rant.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked your Gmail activity log? If one of those emails was hacked, you should see more activity than expected.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll