Facetime iMessage connection errors

kwitt

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello...........first post in the community here:)

Current update of IOS5 on my iPad 2 and all went well. My iPad works excellent off my Asus N56U wirelss system on the internet and for Mail.

However, I can't get Facetime or iMessage to connect, suggests it can not connect to server?? Seems to be some discussions on the issue stemming from the Asus wireless router.

My Apple ID is valid and signs me in on my iMac which runs off the router too. Any thoughts to double check would be most appreciated, I am assuming that iMessage and Facetime are accessing the same ports perhaps or firewall is blocking but everything works fine on the iMac.

Thanks in advance, really am appreciating this iPad 2 and want to get everything up and running!

Karl

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and spoke with AppleCare. I had tried everything before I called, but they recommended that I do a restore and do it as a new iPad. That worked! They said it was most likely it was a corrupted file. I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: kwitt

kwitt

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and spoke with AppleCare. I had tried everything before I called, but they recommended that I do a restore and do it as a new iPad. That worked! They said it was most likely it was a corrupted file. I haven't had a problem since.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's interesting, my update to IOS5 was a lengthy one time wise as I let the download run at night. There was an error message on the iPad at first but it go up and running OK. It will be worth a shot to run it again if it fixes the issues. I do see some comments on Amazons forum about this issue with the router but maybe a reinstall is the cure.

Thanks
Karl

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2