Calendar syncing

bswan_25

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I've researched my question but I haven't came up with any resolutions so that leads me to this..

I'm using an iPhone 4s, iPad 2 and I have a PC.

On my phone, I subscribed to two Calendars.. One from Major League Baseball for my favorite team and another one of my favorite NFL team's 2012 schedule, which was provided by a separate party.

I'm able to view and sort the Home, Work, Atlanta Braves and Pittsburgh Steelers schedules on my phone in the Calendar App. However, I can't get my iPad to recognize the Braves and Steelers schedules. I've looked in the various settings and logged in to iCloud through my PC to see if there was an option that I didn't have selected.

I'm guessing that there's a way to do this, so each device has the same full calendar. I know I could use the Calendar App on my iPad and subscribe to the two calendars separately. That would solve my problem in minutes, but I was hoping that there was a way that could do it automatically, so both devices are synced together.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post, but hopefully someone can help me...

Thank You in advance.

Bryan

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge, it will be difficult without a server or something acting in the capacity of a server for syncing purposes. Still, you would think that if you can add the calendars via iCloud you should be able to sync them to any iOS 5 device that has iCloud enabled. I only use 1 calendar so I'm only guessing.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the iCloud to sync calendars? I've not used any external calendars, but if they're on one iOS device, there has to be a simple way to sync across the other iOS devices that share the same iCloud account.

Set up an iCloud account and set it up on your phone to sync calendars... then add the same iCloud account on your iPad and set it to sync the calendars, too. If the data is on your phone, it should then sync to your iPad via the iCloud sync.

In my case, I set it all up on my MacBook Pro using the iCal app... since you're on a PC, it might function differently... but there still has to be a way to make it work.

I do recall that iCloud only works with Win7, but I think that's for syncing with the computer... since you can access your iCloud stuff via the web (iCloud.com and log in), it should be there for you.

One last thought... make sure you have all calendars checked to sync. Even though there's only one calendar app on each device, the iCloud keeps them separate... and you have to check to enable each calendar on each device...

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You'd have to subscribe to the same calendars on your computer, and sync the computer calendar to iCloud... and set your iPad & iPhone to sync calendars to iCloud.