iOS Beta 4 bugs/findings thread

ANDER2568

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Factory Router

Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.

surgical tech income

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I unplugged the router, plugged it back on - all is good. (It then proceeded to play hell with one of the pc's, but I got that fixed eventually too.)

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my coworker and I messed around with the settings and we got my iMessage to function perfect. The error with iMessage was killing my battery since it was continuously trying to send a message which wouldn't go through. Now I see a serious improvement in my battery life.
I will say this I am extremely unhappy with this beta only bc of my Bluetooth streaming skips like crazy. I use this as my primary source of music in my car and this annoys me .
Bluetooth profile/streaming is my only gripe at present time.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Maybe factory reset the router? Or it could be, and I've seen this in the past, beta 4 breaks compatibility with your brand router. It's a remote chance, but it can happen. I know on 4.2, my Airport Extreme Base Station always dropped speeds tremendously. Resetting it would fix it. A new 4.3 update fixed the issue.

surgical tech income

Totally hilarious, someone copied and pasted my post....hahahahahaha. I am honored.

cubsfan61

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I don't suppose any one hear happens to use the Golfshot, golf gps app and knows whether it works with Beta 4. I'm thinking about trying the beta, but don't want to lose my weekend golf gps, lol.

Kevin

Globe101

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just figured I registered to contribute my findings, been reading a lot on these forums and only decided to register today. I have a white iPhone 4, with iTunes beta 4
Findings:
-wifi sync sometimes doesn't work, error 50, relate to pictures
- half my songs missing album artwork
-Bluetooth streaming very skippy
-dictionary is no longer integrated into the copy/paste menu after restore (might be just for me)
-cannot create new lists on reminder
-overall the UI, doesn't seen as smooth as 4.3.3
-safari in private mode, cannot connect to YouTube and Facebook

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well under beta 4 looks like I'm still having the issue I was having before connecting to my carrier's plan settings. So I have a monthly plan through my carrier and you update it via the Settings, Cellular Data tab there is a View Account button. When you click it, it pulls up your plan via the web interface so you can make changes. I wasn't able to open it on beta 2 it would give me an error. I tried on Wfi, 3G, tried three days in a row. I ended up making the changes when I went back to 4.3.3 before doing the beta 3 install. I'm now on beta 4 and again I have the same problem so looks like it's not fixed yet.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just figured I registered to contribute my findings, been reading a lot on these forums and only decided to register today. I have a white iPhone 4, with iTunes beta 4
Findings:
-dictionary is no longer integrated into the copy/paste menu after restore (might be just for me)

I've used the dictionary pretty often, and it actually is still integrated into the copy/paste. Maybe a reboot or reinstall will help?

Overall, the beta does still have its bugs (especially in the photos.app and messaging.app) but it is definitely stable enough and the battery life is good enough for it to be used as a daily driver. I'm hoping it only gets better with the following releases.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Findings:

odd..

wifi sync works flawlessly for me AND i just synced 727 photos without a hiccup

all music has synced great as well with all album art

dictionary has always worked since beta 1 (for me)

overall UI experience is just as smooth/fast as 4.3.3 (now)

*very strange how these betas differ from one device to another

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
while streaming pandora or listening to a podcast, if a notification pops up, the audio of what i am listening to fades out, but doest return. I have only noticed this while connected to the audio jack in my car. anyone else notice this?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Beta 5 could be pushed out today... Not confirmed though if it actually will. Just throwing this info out.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Beta 5 could be pushed out today... Not confirmed though if it actually will. Just throwing this info out.

Wow... it's only been a week... things must be heating up in Cupertino. Thanks, Garz... will keep an eye out for it...

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
while streaming pandora or listening to a podcast, if a notification pops up, the audio of what i am listening to fades out, but doest return. I have only noticed this while connected to the audio jack in my car. anyone else notice this?

This happens to me while just listening in iPod mode. To get the volume back I have to force close the music app and then restart it. Volume is then back to normal until the next notification pops up. Frustrating but after all it is a beta :-/

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

great. just when i was going to try to stay away from the internet for the weekend! ...i guess that's the benefit of the OTA update(s)??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ok so my new addiction today is: Settings > General > Software Update > (Checking Updates...)

Thanks, Garz!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1