lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello

My school uses gmail for our student email and when I try to access it with my ipad I get an error that my password is incorrect.

When I log on my mac and go to it I am able to log on without a problem.

Could this be an error with the gmail server or is there something else I need to do.

Thank you.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello

My school uses gmail for our student email and when I try to access it with my ipad I get an error that my password is incorrect.

When I log on my mac and go to it I am able to log on without a problem.

Could this be an error with the gmail server or is there something else I need to do.

Thank you.

School as in university?

I believe they use Google Apps, not regular GMail. I remember having to login to the student portal, go to some webpage where I had to setup the password specific to my Google Apps account, then after that I could access GMail on the iPhone.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
OH I have done that but when I go to the portal which the school uses Blackboard and when I access it on safari on the ipad and enter my information it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect.

I do have a character in it other than alphanumeric could that cause a problem?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You setting it up via the Gmail setup or using Exchange? I've heard of this when setup via exchange, as you may have to enter your password several times for security reasons. This is an a new deal with gmail and exchange. However, I've never seen this with the standard gmail imap setup in iOS.

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it seems everytime I access the Blackboard portal and enter in my user name as it doesn't want you to use the full extension of the account and then you enter in the password and it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect and I have entered it several times!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2