Bringing a Verizon 6s plus to at&t.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going back onto my family's at&t plan, but I'm wondering if I could bring my Verizon bought 6s plus or if I need a new phone. Do I even need to have verizon unlock the phone or is it already unlocked by default even though I got it in a Verizon store?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your Verizon iPhone 6S Plus should already be unlocked and therefore, all you have to do is insert an AT&T SIM card in it and then go about your business...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Your Verizon iPhone 6S Plus should already be unlocked and therefore, all you have to do is insert an AT&T SIM card in it and then go about your business...

That's good to hear. Thanks. The Verizon guy made it sound like my phone maybe wouldn't work on at&t.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Bringing a Verizon 6s plus to at&t.

That's good to hear. Thanks. The Verizon guy made it sound like my phone maybe wouldn't work on at&t.

You're very welcome......My current iPhone 7 Plus, my previous iPhone 7, 6S Plus, 6S, and 6 Plus, I believe, were all VZW iPhones in which I simply inserted an AT&T SIM Card and they all worked immediately on AT&T's network.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You're very welcome......My current iPhone 7 Plus, my previous iPhone 7, 6S Plus, 6S, and 6 Plus, I believe, were all VZW iPhones in which I simply inserted an AT&T SIM Card and they all worked immediately on AT&T's network.

No slow speeds or messaging/call issues?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Some Verizon and Sprint techs say their CDMA iPhones won't work on a GSM network; I just stuck my AT&T SIM card into my former Sprint iPhone 6 and it works great! No lag or messaging problems. 👍😊

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I did the switch today and everything seems to be working fine on at&t. I notice that my NAI in setting still says vzims. What does the NAI mean? Does it still say that because I bought the phone from Verizon?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2