Any way to copy Albums from iPhone (running iOS 9.1) to a PC?

I

iMore Question

Any way to copy Albums from iPhone (running iOS 9.1) to a PC

I have been looking for an answer to this question for weeks or months. My wife has made albums on her phone from photos she has taken on her iPhone. She has spent a lot of time doing this. I have made sub-folders in a top level folder I use to sync my photos/albums (both from a regular camera and photos I uploaded from my iPhone over the years). When I sync my iPhone or iPad I tell it which top level folder and then select which sub-folder. This works great for me but because she has done it her own way for years, I am not sure how to get her albums off her iPhone and into my folders on my PC. Does anybody have a way to do this easily? I just want to create a master folder (with sub-folders) on my PC that I can sync certain folders on her iPhone and others on my iPhone. As an additional question, if I were to sync her phone (with her own albums on it) to my master iPhone folder, would her albums be overwritten or deleted? I only get one try at this and if I screw it up, she will kill me :)
Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any way to copy Albums from iPhone (running iOS 9.1) to a PC

I have been looking for an answer to this question for weeks or months. My wife has made albums on her phone from photos she has taken on her iPhone. She has spent a lot of time doing this. I have made sub-folders in a top level folder I use to sync my photos/albums (both from a regular camera and photos I uploaded from my iPhone over the years). When I sync my iPhone or iPad I tell it which top level folder and then select which sub-folder. This works great for me but because she has done it her own way for years, I am not sure how to get her albums off her iPhone and into my folders on my PC. Does anybody have a way to do this easily? I just want to create a master folder (with sub-folders) on my PC that I can sync certain folders on her iPhone and others on my iPhone. As an additional question, if I were to sync her phone (with her own albums on it) to my master iPhone folder, would her albums be overwritten or deleted? I only get one try at this and if I screw it up, she will kill me :)
Thanks.

From what i remember you can not sync folders that you created on your device..
i could be wrong but i remember reading about it before .. hopefully someone with more experience with this will chime in.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Any way to copy Albums from iPhone (running iOS 9.1) to a PC

You can only sync photos from PC to iPhone via iTunes. You can't sync folders from iPhone to PC. You can drag/drop photos from iPhone to your PC with Windows explorer or use Windows Photo Importer. Windows "sees" the iPhone as a digital camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2