So where's that iPhone 5s?

BuhdeeBoy

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
So where's that iPhone 5S?

Shattered my iPhone 4 screen yesterday...Definitely don't want to put any money into that old phone to fix it. But I can't decide if I should upgrade to the 5 or not with us getting so close to the fall...Will I regret it sooner rather than later if I upgrade? And am I crazy or should we have heard something about the new iPhone by now?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: So where's that iPhone 5S?

If you opt to wait for the next iPhone, will your current device be usable until that time? There is no known specific date of availability for the next iPhone. We only know that it will be released in the fall. Having said that, the iPhone 5 is a heckuva device and is worthy of you getting it now, in *my* opinion. Good luck with your decision, whichever option you choose. 😉

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

I agree with the above. If you can wait, wait.

Even if you end up going with the iPhone 5 when the 5S/6 is released, it will more than likely be cheaper, just like the 4S is now.

​If this were January, I'd say go for it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Can you still use your iPhone 4 or do you have another backup to use until the 5S/6 is released? The iPhone 5 is an awesome device that is worth considering.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Shattered my iPhone 4 screen yesterday...Definitely don't want to put any money into that old phone to fix it. But I can't decide if I should upgrade to the 5 or not with us getting so close to the fall...Will I regret it sooner rather than later if I upgrade? And am I crazy or should we have heard something about the new iPhone by now?

Aren't glass repairs relatively cheap these days?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

No one knows when Apples announcement will be but it has been rumored for this Fall. I would find a third party repair shop and get the screen fixed for now.