Using Emojis with Social Media Apps

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've had problems getting emojis to be visible in a few of my social media apps.

I have seen others emojis show up but I'm not sure if they have a jailbroken device.

Twitter: I use the native Twitter Mobile for iPhone, Tweetbot and I sometimes log on to Twitter.com.
When I send a tweet the emojis are visible however when I add emojis to my Twitter bio they're not visible (I receive no error message when saving).

Instagram: I am able to add emojis to my bio however I receive an error message when I add emojis next to my user name. I have seen other profiles with emojis next to the user name. Should I assume all people have jailbroken?

FaceBook: I've installed Emoji Lite on my MBP. When I use an emoji on FB it does not look the same, it's boring and has no color. Are there other options to add some sparkle and color to status updates?

My devices I use for social media: iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and MBP (none are jailbroken).

Thx

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Usually the other person has to have the same program that you are using to see the smilies and such. :)

Apple_Fangirl06

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thank u guys. What's weird is I can't see the emoji's after adding & saving them.
With Twiiter-I select edit profile then add emoji's to my bio & save. The emoji's are not visible to me (I do not receive an error message either).

With Instagram-I guess, I have to use a jailbroken device to add emoji's to next to my user name. I had no problems adding them to my profile & they are visible to me.

ashleybrown07

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
What does "jailbroken" mean?

Jailbreaking your iPhone means freeing it from the limitations tat ar eimposed by your phone carrier or apple itself. In Jailbreaking you will install a software application that will break the restriction of iPhone file system so you can modify it. Having your iPhone jailbroken lets you customize your iPhone and will enable you to install third party applications.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My experience with emojis is that they work across apps, but only display properly on an iPhone... so if you're tweeting/texting/whatevering an Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry you only get "garbage" characters... and the emoji characters display as entered on another iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2