FaceBook Phonebook

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone help me figure out how to send contact's phone numbers from FaceBook to my Contacts on my phone.

Android devices can do this, are iPhones not able to?

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There is an option to sync the friends you have on fb to your contacts but the contacts in your phone have to match exactly how it is in Facebook. This is one thing I miss about my palm pre plus. The syncing with that was elegant, this not so much

gemni73

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
go to the facebook app, click friends,then sync from there you turn syncing on and if u want to replace photos. the contacts in your address book have to pretty much be the same as the facebook ones for you tobhave facebook profile pics. good luck

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is an option to sync the friends you have on fb to your contacts but the contacts in your phone have to match exactly how it is in Facebook. This is one thing I miss about my palm pre plus. The syncing with that was elegant, this not so much

I looked into it and that application does not give you their phone number.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
On Android phones the ENTIRE facebook phonebook is in the Contacts folder on the phone.

I want the ENTIRE facebook phonebook on my phone.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
On Android phones the ENTIRE facebook phonebook is in the Contacts folder on the phone.

I agree with you but Android doesn't actually import the facebook contacts it just allows them to be viewed. Because if they allowed you to import them then you would have been able to sync all the contacts on your google account and then they would now be on your iPhone.

I too wish this was possible but I think it's against facebooks policy to allow user data to be extracted from their site. There is an app called myphone+ that will sync facebook with your iPhone contacts. It costs 2.99 though.

robyj

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So by hitting sync, only the pictures will sync and not my entire Facebook phonebook ? I don't want the phonebook and don't want to have all those Facebook numbers like my droid x did. Just pictures. Thanks!

fraserb2

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Take a second to look at my post above instead of throwing out capital letters and exclamation points everywhere. I just purchased the app yesterday and you can transfer the entire phonebook, sync pictures to matching contacts, or add pictures to peoples numbers you have that either dont have a number on fb/you name different. If your not wanting to pay the $2 then u might as well waste your time in front the computer putting them in by hand.

Chadwackg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the Sync feature and have found not all of my contacts that I have synced up with my fb friends. it only synced some of them. I tried re-syncing and still no luck only some of the contacts get the pictures. Anyone have any thoughts?

vdubguy18

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem and it drove me crazy the past 2 day. I broke down and bought smartsync for $1.99 and it solved all of my issues in a matter of 2 minutes. I strongly suggest this app plus it has a few extras like birthdays and setting the photos for full screen on incoming calls.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I used the Sync feature and have found not all of my contacts that I have synced up with my fb friends. it only synced some of them. I tried re-syncing and still no luck only some of the contacts get the pictures. Anyone have any thoughts?

The syncing feature in the facebook only syncs with contacts that are already in your address book. It will not add contacts that aren't there.

Here's how I got contact info of my facebook contacts on my phone:

You need a yahoo account to do this

1. Go to yahoo and sign in with you facebook account. It will ask you to allow permissions and etc...

2. Once you allow all your facebook contacts are imported into your yahoo address book.

3. From there you can now export your yahoo contacts, which now include your facebook contacts to a CSV file.

4. Upload the file to google and voila.

Not the most ideal way but it works.

Chadwackg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I just purchased Smartsync and that was perfect! It allowed me to update all the info, and the pics are full screen. When there was a conflict or it was unsure because of how I had the name in my contacts it allowed me to choose which fb person I wanted to connect to it. It worked well. Good buy if you are willing to pay the couple dollars for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2