Problems with Calls

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I've searched and didn't come up with anything so I am hoping someone here has had the same issue and a resolution.

I have an iPhone 5 through Verizon.

On certain calls today I have received, when I answer it is dead silence.

I put the pieces of the puzzle together and have figured out that anyone that seems to have a Sprint cell phone are the ones this happens to.

Every person I know that has called me today using Sprint says that it is dead air silence when they call me, yet my phone rings, but when I answer it is dead air silence.

Any suggestions why this is happening. I have had 2 people who said they updated their "PRL" & "Network" on their Sprint phone but when they call me, nothing. Yet they have no trouble calling anyone else who doesn't seem to have a Verizon cell phone.

I hope I wasn't too confusing as this matter has me completely confused :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With the recent snow storms in the east, there could be outages / damages to some Verizon and/or Sprint's towers. Of course, I'm only speculating and I doubt it is an iPhone 5 issue being that you're able to make & receive calls from everybody else.

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
It must be a problem with Sprint. I have had a couple of family members say that anytime they call any Verizon cell phone it is dead air on their end but rings for the Verizon customer & when they pick up can't hear anything...just like me.

Really weird!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, if it's only an issue with Sprint customers then I would agree that the problem is more than likely on Sprint's end. By the way, when did you initially notice the problem?

indiansfan78

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I didn't really notice it until yesterday morning (Friday). I'm almost positive everything was fine the day before that. I have talked to a few friends in Colorado, I live in Ohio, and they are saying the same thing is happening to them.

The funny thing is, I can call the Sprint customers back and everything works fine. Also texts are going through back and forth just fine. You would think if I have friends in another state having those issues that surely someone is calling into Sprint other than them complaining but Sprint claims they have no issues reported.

As of today the issue still isn't fixed.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're right and as states earlier, it is more than likely a Sprint issue and hopefully it will be corrected soon. Take care, my friend, and have a great weekend. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77