tethering/hotspot

turdsamich

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just preordered my iphone 5 on sprint and its my first iphone so I have a few questions regarding the hotspot feature. I am going to assume that Sprint is going to want to charge me $30 a month or whatever it is for the hotspot feature, so is there any way to use the built in hotspot using the unlimited data or am I going to have to jailbreak and download one of the tethering apps?

I am coming from wp7 and while internet sharing was never officially enabled by sprint I had it enabled on my phone through a ROM and used up to 45 GB a month at a time and never heard a complaint from sprint. Obviously I think it is asinine to pay $30 a month for hotspot when I have unlimited data, so which is the best tethering app for the iphone?

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can jailbreak and find one incydia. I read about att sending threatening letters to people tethering and even saying they would change their plan to a "compatible" one. I onlyget 50kbs via 3g on sprint. Hopefully your area has lte if you plan to keep using so much data. I think the cydia app is 10$ or something. Your also going to be without tethering for a while since a ip5 jailbreak probably wont be out for a number of months.

turdsamich

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response, so I guess that means there arent any free tethering apps available and not a way to hack the hotspot functionality to hide it from sprint?

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
There are no free tethering apps in the app store and the only way that I know of to hack the hot spot would be to possibly jail break it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77