I just got a new iPhone 6s Plus. When someone sends me a video using a Samsung, I cannot see it. It shows that it is a video but when I play it all it shows is a black video with out noise or picture. I can view regular pictures just fine
    03-23-2017 11:08 PM
    The main reason could be the CODEC (COde - DECode) used for the Samsung device to record and save the Video is not supported by your Apple device, there are a couple of options to watch it, one is simply getting a Video Player with a wider codec range list of formats to decode I used VLC and was pretty great, but if it doesn't work for you you can browse to find another one in iTunes.

Here the link for the VLC https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-for...mUvbUpU2917779

The other way is a little bit more complicated, you would need to download the video to your computer and using a transcoder (A program) convert the video to a more compatible Format.

If you have a Windows PC maybe a free option could be the Super Converter SUPER © Free 3D Video Converter | MOV WebM MP4 MKV HEVC/H.265 VP9 | FREE Download
    Which is free, of course if you can buy another one there a simply too many options to chose.

And the last option is using a service to share files which could transcode the file for you, maybe WhatsApp is able to do this, I mean the person with the Samsung device can sends you the file using WhatsApp instead of Bluetooth or any other service you were using.

Hopefully I did help you with this issue, I also want to invite you to register in the Forum so you can follow up your question and share with some nice people over here.
    03-24-2017 03:38 PM