Can Pokemon go work with iPad mini 3 or 4 without cellular?
I have been recently using my iPad gen 1 and Pokemon go does not want to work with it because of the ram and the GPS problem. Even though I am already connected to hotspot and internet, it still would not work. So I want to find out if I can use either an iPad mini 3 or 4 for Pokemon go
- 08-12-2016, 09:17 PM #2
- 6,023 Posts
Re: Can Pokemon go work with iPad mini 3 or 4 without cellular?
Welcome to iMore!
As long as you're connected to internet somehow, that's fine. That internet would ideally have GPS -- not sure it will work otherwise.
My son uses an old iPhone (cellular is disabled) connected to my iPhone 6s set up as a hot spot. Works no problem. The iPhone has a GPS receiver in it, but a cellular-only iPad Mini doesn't (IIRC) so you'll use the iPhone hotspot for location.
- By rong21 in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 11Last Post: 08-20-2016, 08:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-13-2016, 11:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2016, 12:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-12-2016, 11:14 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-12-2016, 10:22 AM