Brand new iPhone 5c screen not working

I

iMore Question

I got a blue iPhone 5c right... I dropped it, my screen broke so I bought a new iPhone 5c screen replacement off amazon from china. I take the old screen off, unplugged the 3 plugs connecting the screen to the phone(the digitizer and other ones). I put the other screen on that I just bought and I noticed there was only 2 plugs that connected the screen to the phone(missing the plug closest to the side of the iphone 5c) but I was guessing it wasn't going to make a difference cause it came with home button and front camera all put in the screen, I put the phone together it didn't work. I try doing all this home + power button thing and still nothing, I open it back up and make sure its all the way pugged in and I try again and still nothing, I plug the charger in and it will just vibrate on and off until I take it off the charger and it will still make sounds and overheat. How do I fix this?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. No expert here, but I'm guessing that you have the wrong screen. My suggestion is go to Apple or authorized repair shop and have it properly fixed. I understand you are trying to save some money, but sometimes it is just not worth it. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2