hello this is my first time here and unfortunately, I dropped my iPhone about two feet high screen first and I didn't think it'd be that bad because it was a wooden living room floor. At first sight, there were absolutely no scratches. BUT I was on an app and then everything turned white and had verticals lines which eventually faded out.

Then, the screen wouldn't work, it's black. When I press the on button a slight bit of light appears barely, but everything else like sound, Siri, charging works. This makes me angry because only the screen wouldn't work even without scratches.

I entered DFU mode but it didn't seem to help. I also connected to my computer to back it up but it said that I needed to enter a passcode...

Please help me! I'm worried I might lose a lot of my info that I really think is special to me...
    05-18-2015 06:08 PM
    Even though the screen isn't damaged, you may have damaged something on the inside. Your best bet is to take the device to an Apple Store or an authorized repair center.
    05-18-2015 06:31 PM
    Once your device is fixed or replaced, you might want to set it up for automatic backups. It's a nice safety net
    05-18-2015 06:33 PM
    Did you get to fix it? The same thing happened to me and I've tried everything...
    04-12-2016 07:16 PM
    Hi, it sounds as though your LCD/digitizer has probably been damaged. My advice to you would be to take it to a local repair shop, or send it to an Apple service center.

The below video will give you an idea about what it will take to change it.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Good Luck!
    04-12-2016 07:31 PM