How do I sync old school iPod now that I'm using iTunes Match & don't keep local music files?

I

iMore Question

I have the OLD (Classic - with click wheel) iPod & used to sync it with cable to iTunes. Now I am on iTunes Match and have deleted all local music files (to save hard drive space on MacBook Air). Everything works beautifully on that + 1 other MacBook Air + iPad + iPhone - without cables, of course. How do I keep my music up to date on the old iPod? Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I sync old school iPod now that I'm using iTunes Match & don't keep local music files?

It needs the files on the computer...

dmt25

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I sync old school iPod now that I'm using iTunes Match & don't keep local music files?

Thank you for the quick response. If I could ask a follow-up: am I constrained in this case because it would be the 5th device tied to my iTunes account, or simply because of the (age of the) iPod (or both)? I presume from your response that in this particular case I would not be able to keep my music files up to date on this iPod, given that I have wiped the hard drive of the files (for the master Mac). I suppose I could use the 2nd Mac or some other device to be master, with the files locally of course, and use that for syncing the iPod.

dmt25

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site

Roger that, thanks to all for helpful & quick replies

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2