Why won't my TV recognize the Apple TV?
AT power cord in unit and to power source
HDMI cable from AT to HDMI port 3 on side of Sony Bravia HD TV
HDMI 3 is enabled in my Menu/Manage Input of the tv
I have AT&T Uverse. I turn the tv off, use the AT remote to turn it on and nothing happens. I have yet to see the the AT screen
I have unplugged for 30 secs, checked all plugs
My cable box/DVR is plugged into the HDMI port 2 on the tv
It's 1:16 am and I'm really pissed. Tried to call 1-800-myapple but they are closed.
- 01-03-2015, 12:59 AM #2
- 01-03-2015, 12:31 PM #3Banned
- 8,230 Posts
Re: TV won't recognize Apple TV
Try hdmi 1 or 2 just to check that it's not an issue with the TV ports.
Try a different hdmi cable to check for cable issues.
Connect the ATV to your PC or Mac and open iTunes to see if iTunes recognizes it. If so try a restore off e software on the ATV using iTunes and then hook it back up to your TV.
- By BreakingKayfabe in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 60Last Post: 02-09-2015, 06:58 PM
- By Originalloverman in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 16Last Post: 01-03-2015, 06:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-02-2015, 03:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2015, 11:30 AM