Does Family Sharing take up storage space on all devices from each member's downloads?

I

iMore Question

My husband & I got our almost 8 yr old an iPod for Christmas. I want to set up family sharing, but not sure how this will affect my OWN space on my iPhone... I constantly have storage space issues on my own device, due to apps and many photos. I don't know if I want storage space from the whole families purchases and downloads being taken up on my own device. How does this work? Also, I don't know that I want all my own apps to show up on her device, but this is this case with family sharing, yes? I saw an option to "hide" but does that have to be done from a computer, or is there a way to do that from my iPhone? And if she has access to my games, does it also give her access to my progress? Or does it just give her that game/app starting new herself? My husband and I also have TV and movie apps such as HBO, etc. and don't want her having full access to some of the movies or shows that have content not appropriate for children. I know these are various question topics, but all concerns I would like addressed before I choose to set up family sharing. PLEASE HELP! Thank you!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Apps don't take up any space on your device unless you specifically download them to the device.
2. No one else will have access to your "progress" in games. They will download the app to their device and begin their own "progress".
3. TV apps such as HBO typically require logging into your HBO account on the app on each device. Even if your "almost 8 yr old" downloads the app, they will not have access unless she has the log in information.

Family Sharing | iMore

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zijinqingqing555