How do I disable the Find My iPhone feature in relation to Family Sharing?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do you disable find my phone

Those are two different things- there is the find my phone service/app that helps if you lose your phone or its stolen and then there is family sharing which allows members of your family to share your purchases.
I dont recommend turning off find my phone but- settings- iCloud- find my phone- turn off
Family share is in settings iCloud then family- You can remove from here

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
how do you disable find my phone

Find My iPhone has nothing to do with Family Sharing. What is it you're trying to do? I don't recommend you turn off Find My iPhone. If you haven't enabled Family Sharing, then there is nothing to turn off. What problem are you having?
Did you maybe mean Find My Friends?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Family Sharing and Find My iPhone are related. Family Sharing gives each family members the ability to help find the others devices by logging into their (not the device owner's) Find My iPhone app or in a web browser.
But there is no way to turn that off that I know of.
So the OP would have to ask the primary account holder to remove them from the Family Sharing option?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
how do you disable find my phone

You can turn it off for the Family and leave it on for you by going to Settings>iCloud>Advanced (scroll down to the bottom)>Share My Location>Off. This will keep Find My Phone available to you but will stop sharing it with Family. It will just say "not sharing location" on your device in Find my Phone (but will show when signed under your own ID) when family logs into Find My Phone.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

No problem, one of the many things I discovered by accident, lol.

Noblindspots

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
This only disables them from seeing your location. how do you disable them from using the other features such as putting the organizers phone into lost mode or playing a sound on the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77