Why do I receive notifications on my iPad but not on my iPhone?

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad and a iPhone. In the Notifications Center both of the settings on The Weather Channel app are set exactly the same way. Yet each day I receive notification on my iPad, but not on my iPhone. I'd really like to receive notifications on my iPhone. Any idea what might be causing the notifications to appear on my iPhone?

Thanks for your help.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You say the settings on the weather app are set the same for the iphone and ipad, but did you check the separate settings for notifications under iphone settings where you can individually turn on/off notifications for different apps?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also if it turns out to be the same in both places try and uninstall the phone weather app, reboot it and reinstall it. That might be just a bad install that needs a bit of TLC!!

ealvin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys for your response. First, sorry I didn't really make myself clear. When I set the setting were the same on both devices, I meant to say "in the Notification Center," not on the app itself.

When I read the suggestion about location services being turned on, I thought that might be it...but location services weren't turned on my iPad or my iPhone. So that likely isn't the problem, correct?

I'll try the delete and reinstall suggestion and see it that makes a difference.

If you have any additional ideas let me know and I'll report back when I know something. I have to wait for the Weather Channel to send a notification before I know anything further.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost