Google voice doesn't automatically sync anymore

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I use Google Voice to communicate and before when I sent her a message, a notification would immediately appear on her phone. Now when I send her a message, she won't get it unless she's opens the Google voice app. She has Verizon iPhone 5s, and I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Has she recently updated her phone or have you? Did you check the app to see if there is an update for either or both phones?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
No, I haven't updated the phone since purchase back in October last year. I will give it a check, but weird that it was working before.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I assume you are talking about the iPhone 5S because i really would recommend you update to 7.1 now which has really changed the features. How long ago was it working and did you check also to see if this was also an app update?
Welcome to iMore BTW. Glad to have you.

Last edited:

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Probably 2 weeks or so. I will check it out

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I use Google Voice to communicate and before when I sent her a message, a notification would immediately appear on her phone. Now when I send her a message, she won't get it unless she's opens the Google voice app. She has Verizon iPhone 5s, and I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Did she change her passcode for her Google account? If so, all she has to do is enter the new passcode and all should be well. I use the Google Voice app as a business line and i changed my passcode due to the heartbleed blug. After entering the new passcode, it worked as it did prior to the change - without a hitch...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2