I am about to go crazy. My sister and I are avid texters. Up until a few days ago she did not have an i phone. She got a used one and att put a new sim card in and she moved into it. All good no problem. She went back to att because she was having problems getting the phone to pick up wifi and he basically ruined it so she had to move back in to her old phone. Ever since them she is not able to receive texts from me. We have tried EVERYTHING.. finally the guy at att told me to turn off my imessage and i did and that made it so she can receive texts from me but now I cant get them from other iphone users. There has to be a way to fix this........since there was no problem with it before!!!!! HELP
- 04-04-2014, 07:15 PM #2
- 04-04-2014, 08:02 PM #3
- 04-04-2014, 08:47 PM #4
Re: i message
Here's what I think may be happening. Hope this helps in the event that these options haven't been tried yet.
1. Turning on "Send as SMS" in Settings/Messages will allow her to receive your texts even when iMessage on your iPhone is set to On.
2. The reason that others can't send texts to you is that they probably only have iMessages set to On, but "Send as SMS" is set to Off.
3. Since your iMessage is now Off, the friends can't reach you.
- By tikchowdhurry in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 23Last Post: 04-14-2014, 12:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-03-2014, 03:00 PM
- By Rockdog97 in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 6Last Post: 03-29-2014, 06:19 PM
- By bcarruth62 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM