Imported photos but now I want them deleted

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
I just returned from vacation and imported 1800+ photos and videos off of my iphone 5 into my MacBook using iPhoto. After the import it asked if I wanted to delete the photos off of my phone (usually I hit yes and I'm done). This time I accidentally hit no. Now I'm unable to figure out how to have it automatically delete all photos as it usually does off of my iphone after import.

How do I delete 1800+ photos and videos at once? Is there a shortcut? Or do I really have to go through my camera roll and select each & every photo/video to be deleted?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are going to have to go into your camera roll and hit select in the upper right hand corner and tap each photo you want deleted which will mark them, Then go to the bottom right and hit the trash can and that will delete them from your phone and camera roll.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You should still be able to do it through iPhoto (or Image Capture would work as well).

If you want a quick way to do it on your phone:

-open the Photos app, then go to the Photos tab on bottom left.
-once there, make sure you're in the Moments view (not Collections or Years).
-tap Select at the upper right. This allows you to select many photos at once by choosing one of the date ranges.
-after you've selected the date range you want to delete, tap the trash can icon at lower right.

Hope that helps!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just do it through Image Capture. Connect your iPhone open Image Capture and check delete after import. Then click import all and voila they will be imported and deleted from your phone. You'll have all the pictures and videos in your Pictures folder just select them all and delete. If you have an external you could move them as a backup copy. Just make sure the ones you first imported via iPhoto are stored somewhere other than right in the Pictures folder.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77