Unlocking iphone prevoiusly used with European provider
Hello. I was recently given an iPhone from a friend who lives in Europe and has been using Telenor. She bought it from the U.S, I'm assuming unlocked. Before she gave me the phone she factory reset it so now it is locked. Sprint is my provider and I went there today to see if they could unlock it and activate it but they refuse to do it. I know there has to be a way to unlock it and I'm trying to do it quickly because I am leaving the country in a few days and would like to be able to use the phone. Please let me know if you could help me out.
- 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM #2
Re: Unlocking iphone prevoiusly used with European provider
If it became locked after the reset it was a software unlock. The way to do it is Jailbreak the phone then unlock it. So the first thing is what OS is it running? This will determine if there is a Jailbreak available. If there is a Jailbreak available then you will want to check the modem firmware version. Go to Settings, General, About and look for Modem firmware make note of the version. Then lookup the unlock to see if the version is supported.
You can find info on available Jailbreaks and on the unlock at www.iclarified.com go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak.
There are hardware solutions like the Gevey SIM but I have never used it so you'll have to search and see if that is something that might work for you.
Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
- By mrmarquis9 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2014, 04:12 PM
- By flacrack in forum AT&TReplies: 8Last Post: 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 12:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 11:10 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2013, 10:40 AM