How can i make my Google Maps Talk??

civickrazy78

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone i currently have an Iphone 3gs 4.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked
i would like to have my google maps talk to me for directions can someone point me in the right direction please :)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Download XGPS. Its a navigation app and free on Cydia or Rock and uses Google Maps but is a voice directed navigation. Probaly 1 of the best apps to date available. It is far superior than the plain google maps app that comes native with the Iphone. So this is your answer.

FYI - After I discovered XGPS I now hide my native google map app because absolutely will never use it again.

Josh

Martin55

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
g.gif
Google Maps doesn't utilize it on iPhone. Google Navigator does, for its Droid users

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Mapquest Mobile offers a free turn-by-turn app; here's the [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mapquest-4-mobile/id316126557?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes link.[/URL] It's one of the few (maybe the only?) apps out there that doesn't hit you up for a subscription after a free trial period--it's just free, forever.

Another jailbreak option is using Aloud, a tweak that will read your directions out loud--however, I don't believe it offers turn-by-turn directions as of yet, and it might require a newer firmware than you have.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Massie, if you're talking to the OP the question was asked in August 2010 :)

Correct, but Massie was probably answering the person who reopened the thread yesterday with same question as the OPs. So his response is timely, and helpful.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's still useful information (got a new app myself :) )

PS: Kudos to bobwhitlow for actually using the search function instead of opening a new thread.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77