Updating Apple Watch Apps

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
When an app on my phone is updated (for example, Yelp) and I have the Apple Watch app also installed, when does the Watch version get updated?

Does the Watch app get updated simultaneously with the phone app? Is the update queued or installed at a later time?

Out of habit, when an app is updated on my phone I go to the Watch app and uninstall / reinstall the app on my Watch.

When the app is being updated on the phone, the icon for the app on the Watch doesn't seem to indicate that it is being updated.

Does anyone have any insight?

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When an app on my phone is updated (for example, Yelp) and I have the Apple Watch app also installed, when does the Watch version get updated?

Does the Watch app get updated simultaneously with the phone app? Is the update queued or installed at a later time?

Out of habit, when an app is updated on my phone I go to the Watch app and uninstall / reinstall the app on my Watch.

When the app is being updated on the phone, the icon for the app on the Watch doesn't seem to indicate that it is being updated.

Does anyone have any insight?

It's been my experience that the watch app updates also.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In my experience the Apple Watch version has updated simultaneously with the iPhone version. There's no delay.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77