Apple Watch too expensive?

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
For its capabilities as a first generation Apple Watch, I would say that it is overpriced, but I mean this is Apple. I'm not sure what more you could do or what features you could add to it though. It will certainly appeal to those interested in making fashion statements, but its going to grow old pretty quick I think. It will be interesting to see what happens when Apple's passion for thinness hits the Apple Watch.

iDEVEL0P3R

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Now that you mentioned it, I might wait for the second wave of Watch as well. I don't normally purchase the first wave anyway. I believe that for us; the waiters to sit back and see what the pros and cons are.

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
If you put it in perspective, a watch from Hugo Boss or somewhere like that is $500+ and thats just a regular watch. $349 is a bargain
That is, if you don't have an iPhone already. If you need an iPhone, that's going to push the cost up a little more.

iDEVEL0P3R

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
The price will not change if you have or don't have an iPhone. The only way the price will change is IF you get the 42mm case or get the Edition Watch. Also, only way you can achieve full function of the Apple Watch, is if you have an iPhone; for the purpose of it syncing/ pairing up with your phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As a first generation Apple wants to make sure it will stand the test of Time. Reason for the long wait in my opinion

ref4020

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
While I can see why people would not, I probably would. I know it's a first generation device but I won't be able to help myself! Something new and novel!

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Wait, what? What price will raise…
If you buy the Apple Watch and don't have an iPhone, you're going to have to buy an iPhone to make the Apple Watch work. So instead of just the cost of a watch, you're going to have to get an iPhone as well (pushing the cost up) for functionality of both devices to work.

Zyiros

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
It's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. If sales are low during Q1, the price may come down.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I can't wait to see how Apple plans to sell this to people. It's nothing like the iPad was. I'm interested to see their strategy.

Posted via the Tardis Database.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
$349 is too steep for something so blatantly non-essential.

I guess some may want it fitness functionality (kinda bulky, though), but there are way cheaper smart bands (Fitbit, Microsoft, etc.) that you can buy for that.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you put it in perspective, a watch from Hugo Boss or somewhere like that is $500+ and thats just a regular watch. $349 is a bargain

There are far cheaper watches from Hugo boss. Go to their Web Site, they list prices...

And a watch from them that costs that much, is actually worth that much.

$349 for a smart watch is a lot, when those types of devices are already engaging in a race to the bottom and are generally seen as blatantly unnecessary to the general public.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

You really can't compare a watch like that to the $349. That is the sport model. The other ones are going to be much more expensive, and for something you have to charge every night and is so heavily dependent on software and updates to stay functional, you see these become outdated very quickly.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Im just waiting for google to make android wear compatible with IOS. the moto 360 looks much nicer than the apple watch and is a little cheaper as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2