Otterbox Defender Iphone 4

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I finally got my Otterbox today!!!! I've had my iphone for 2wks now and i've been scared to death there's so much glass on it. Now I feel like confident and it fits in my pocket which is a big plus. If you need ultimate protection i got to recommend this to you.

Iphone Rocks Socks

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Yes I got the defender series for my iPhone. I was going to get the commuter series because I was afraid that the defender would not fit in my pocket but I was able to fit it in with my trouble so I was well please with it!! Excellent protection in my pocket SCORE!

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my Defender yesterday. I love that my ip4 is protected since I'm a klutz BUT.......

This case attracts dirt like crazy. I wear makeup and I'm leaving fingerprints even if I think my fingers are clean. My skin is a bit dry and this case shows that too. Dust? This thing is a magnet!

The 3GS case was a smooth rubber. This has texture so everything- and I mean ever-y-thing sticks to it.

The rubber flaps are a pain in the ass to get back in place.
Maybe that just takes getting used to but the dirt factor is quite annoying. I keep wiping the case down with my eyeglass fabric.

JrpKrft

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It's nit just you I wrote that raving review but you ate very correct this thing pulls every piece of lint out of my pocket lol but it's a small price to me

bluebomberx

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
My outer skin is a little loose around the power button corner. I've had Otter Box send me a new one and it does it too. It's tight all the way around except that one spot.

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
update review on mine: i've grown to like it! i've adjusted to the dirt and dust and clean it often, but i dropped my iphone today and it was FINE!

MysticMoonstone

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The rubber housing of my Defender has gotten loose and the amount of crap that gets inside is insane. I'm frustrated with it but the other day i DROPPED my iphone4 at work and NOTHING was wrong!

kenrose1#IM

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Defender is the way to go

I had one on my 3GS and have had one on my 4 for about 2 weeks. If your concern is protection, not glamor, it's the way to go. As far as attracting dirt and fingerprints, I keep it in my pocket or laying around the car and have had no problem with lint. And really no problem with fingerprints. I get some french fry oil on the screen now and then, but it readily wipes off with a damp cloth. The only thing that takes getting use to is buttoning up the little flap on the bottom that covers the dock connector. You have to line it up just right before it fastens tightly.
As far as the reviewers who complain about loose fits, I haven't experienced that but then I don't take it off and put it back on. Perhaps it stretches if you do a lot of that.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I went to the ATT store and go figure, no Otterbox cases... So Best Buy had the Defender and I bought one. Sooooooo much nicer than that BallisticHD case I had.

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Otterbox Defender for my iPhone 4. I'm new to the iPhone 4. I have only had it for about 2 weeks now. I have had the Otterbox's for my Blackberry. I see what everybody means about the outer ruber piece becoming loose. I also hate the holster for it. I hate how it sits sideways and is so hard to get in and out of the case. Is it just me or is anyone else complaining about parts of it? I wish they came out with a belt holster for it that was similar to the 3GS.

joelw

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have my iPhone 4 Defender Case and so far I love it. It does seem a little loose on the left hand side. The lint it picks up is tolerable, but I am thinking maybe ArmorAll or such might work.

joelw

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to tech support and they told me to wipe the Silicon case with a cloths dryer sheet and it will remove the static and prevent lint. I am not sure how often this will be needed, but I just did it.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I just wish AT&T would get off their high horse and get rid of the that cheap ballistics case... I loved that they carried the 3Gs defender because when I had a problem they would replace it right their.

But since they won't carry the ip4 defender you have to go through otter box, not that I'm complaining the Otterbox customer service people are awesome, but it takes aloooooong time for them to ship especially on the holsters which are back ordered

four4usc

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone washed the screen and plastic pieces yet? Otterbox says to clean with mild soap and water, but I have been reluctant to do it.

slr_noob

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Does the Otterbox Defender have a cutout for the charge/dock port? I was thinking of buying one, but from what I've seen it doesn't have one and is the only thing that keeps me from buying one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2